Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Break Part Two: Florence

On Sunday evening Megan, Sally, and I got on a train to Florence. It took us about two hours to get there. Arriving in Florence wasn't the best idea, it took us a while to find our hostel. When we finally did find it, we walked into one of the worst places I've ever stayed! It was definitely an experience to say the least! Unfortunately it was the hostel we spent the most time in, three nights. We had a LOT of laughs about it though. If you ever go to Florence be sure to steer clear of Leonardo House!!

Overall, I was not super impressed with Florence. The streets were really dirty and there wasn't a whole lot to do there. We did get to go to the top of the Duomo and take pictures of the city. We also saw Michaelangelo's original statue of Dad and we went to the Uffizi Gallery. We had a GREAT dinner there on our last night as well. I had yummy biscotti and ravioli. So all in all, despite our disappointment with Florence, we had a lot of laughs and fun.

Sally and I climbing to the top of the Duomo...it was 400 steps!

The view from the top!

The original David....it was massive, 13 ft. tall I think

No comments: