Megan, Sally, and I had a difficult beginning to our journey last Friday (October 17th). Our flight was scheduled to leave London Luton at 7 in the morning. We ended up getting to the airport late due to the tube not opening when we expected it to and a fight between a customer and the driver of our coach. Then we went to the wrong check-in counter and we ended up missing our flight! There were no more flights out of London Luton that day to Rome and so we had to buy new tickets and take a coach to Stanstead (another airport in London). When we finally got there and checked in our one suitcase (we decided to combine all of our things into one suitcase so we wouldn't have to pay more than one luggage fee) and found out that it was WAY overweight. Ryanair has a super low weight limit for their bags and so we had to pay 60 pounds!!
So it was a rough beginning to our trip, but we kept a good attitude about it and got to Rome early in the evening. We stayed in a wonderful hotel right down the street from the Vatican and I really enjoyed my time there. We were in Rome Friday evening, Saturday, Saturday evening, and Sunday. It was a very fast pace trip since we only had two days there. Each day was jam packed with lots of walking and sightseeing. I had a lot of fun and really loved Rome. We got to see Vatican City, the Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon, the Colosseum, and the Trevi Fountain. Here's just a few pictures from our trip:
A shot of the Vatican City with St. Peter's Basilica in the background
Megan and I hanging out on the Tiber

The Pantheon
Megan, Sally, and I in the Colosseum

The Ancient Roman Forum
The Trevi Fountain, it was beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment