Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Break Part Three: Cinque Terre

On Wednesday Sally, Megan, and I happily left Florence early in the morning. We had a long three hour train ride to Cinque Terre. Unfortunately I left my digital camera on the train and was unable to get it back and so I lost all my pictures! The pictures I have been posting are Megan's and Sally's or pictures I took with their cameras. However, besides loosing my camera....Cinque Terre was by far the best part of the trip.

Cinque Terre
is comprised of five small villages (Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore) along the Riviera. Each village has unique characteristics and a relaxing, quaint setting. There is a beautiful hiking trail along the cliffs that goes from village to village. It's about an hour hike to get to each village. We were able to spend a day hiking through each one. Cinque Terre was by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I would love to go back again someday!

Sally and I hiking!

Monterosso

Standing by the village we stayed in: Manarola





Vernazza...my favorite village

Sally, Megan, and I out to dinner on our last night in Cinque Terre!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just want to invite you and your readers to our site about the cinque terre
( in my signature ) and to the blog where you can also vote the nicest of the
Cinque Terre
.
Also a new section is online: virtual tour of the Cinque Terre, a beautiful point of view..