Saturday, June 28, 2008

The halfway point...

It's about halfway through the summer now and our 9 staff members will be leaving us next week. It's so sad to think about them leaving but i'm excited to see how the Lord grows us closer as we have to lead together. The staff have placed students in various leadership roles for things like: project director, worship director, bible study leaders, team leaders, etc. It's hard to imagine Hilton Head without our amazing staff but I am thankful that I will get to see most of them in Clemson again in the spring.

Here's a few pictures to keep you updated on what's been going on in Hilton Head since last week:

My roomates and I on the beach

Claire and I after Prayer and Praise on the beach. Prayer and Praise is always one of my favorite times; our whole group gets together and worships and spends time sharing what the Lord is doing and what we are learning. Also, usually two team members share their testimonies.


Some of the girls and I in Savannah (we got to spend the whole day Sunday here!)


John Wesley has a monument in Savannah, he spent some of his early days in America here.

We had the BLESSING of being able to go to Paula Deen's resteraunt, Lady & Sons

I was so thankful Maria came to visit me today!

April and I being eaten by a shark?

Volunteering at Bluffton's first annual Bluff-fest


Here's how you can be praying for us this week:
-Pray for Karina. She is one of my co-workers and she has said that she is going to come to church with me tomorrow! She is from Germany and she comes from a Catholic background. Please pray that as I continue to build a relationship with her that I would be bold in sharing the gospel with her and that she would come to know the Lord.
-Pray for strength as I continue to work at 6am Monday through Friday.
-Pray that as the staff leave our team would unify and serve well together.
-Pray for our next preview service on July 13th.

No comments: