Tonight we had our weekly "Celebration" which consists of eating a meal together, worshipping, and listening to a speaker. The speaker tonight was our director Jeremy Chasteen's brother Jon. Jon Talked about evangelism in light of Biblical Theology in the Gospel of Matthew. His talk was GREAT and it definitely got me so fired up! The main focus of his talk was that we should live with a missional mindset and we should be seeking to live out the gospel with our lives and with our words. He made the statement that our whole life is a testimony either
for or
against the gospel.
I love the quote he used by J.C. Ryle, "There is a common wordly kind of Christianity in this day which many have, and think they have enough--a cheap Christianity which offends nobody, and requires no sacrifice--which costs nothing, and is worth nothing." How often do I live with the kind of faith that offends no one, that requires no sacrifice, and that is worth nothing in light of eternity? It is my prayer that my time here would be meaningful. I pray that I would take the focus off of myself long enough to see the lost around me. I want to love my co-workers and neighbors authentically and relate to them in such a way that I am given many opportunities to share the gospel.

Here's a picture of the wonderful outreach team on our last celebration with the staff
Guys: Ronnie, Jordan, David, Michael
Girls: Meredith, Molly, Caroline, Meaghan, Meredyth, Claire, me

My small group bible study, we have been studying 1 Thessalonians

Catherine, me, Claire, Caroline, Heather
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." -Matthew 24:14
No comments:
Post a Comment