Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Baby Blog

This weekend seemed to be filled with babies! On Friday afternoon, Krystal and I brought dinner over to Jason and Susan Smith and had the pleasure of meeting their beautiful newborn, Campbell Jane. I happened to bring my camera and I loved having the change to capture their family. Jason and Susan were so kind and hospitable to let a stay for a few minutes and spend time with their beautiful family. Here's a few of my favorite shots from our visit...



I love this one! She is so beautiful!
Cambell's big sister Rowan touching her hand


I love Rowan's expressions!
The Smith family! 

"What?! I'm a big sister?" -Rowan

On Friday night, several girls and I watched the documentary "The Business of Being Born." I've heard a lot about this documentary from one of my roommates, Marie, and from several of my nursing major friends. I found it to be terrifying (the pain of giving birth...yikes!!) and fascinating. The documentary explores our modern healthcare system and takes a pro-natural birth stance. I think I would need to do more research and talk to more moms before I took a stance, but I did find this documentary very interesting and helpful. I would highly recommend it (just be aware there's a lot of nudity in the birthing scenes)!


On Saturday, we threw a baby shower for David and Leslie's baby girl that will (Lord willing!) be born in a few weeks!
Alex did a great job creating these adorable napkin holders






All of my roomies from last year. I love these girls dearly and miss them a lot!
Krystal, Savannah, Leslie, Caroline, me, Lauren 

The baby shower hostesses with Leslie (minus Anna Grace and Caroline)





I LOVED all the beautiful flowers in Tara's neighborhood. Spring is definitely one of my favorite times of the year!

As I reflect on this weekend, I find myself so thankful for babies and new life! Pregnancy is an incredible picture of God's sovereignty in how he designed our bodies to bring new life into the world.

"For you formed my inward parts; 
 you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 
 My frame was not hidden from you, 
when I was being made in secret, 
 intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; 
in your book were written, every one of them, 
 the days that were formed for me, 
 when as yet there was none of them." -Psalm 139:13-16

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post!! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous! The Smith family is so precious! I love the caption for Rowan's last picture! haha