2012 has been a great year. First and foremost, I am thankful for the Lord's grace that continues to sustain me day by day and moment by moment. What a joy it is to say that I have tasted and seen God's grace since the Lord chose to save me by His mercy some thirteen years ago. I read Isaiah 12 this morning and was moved to give thanks to the Lord yet again: "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: 'Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel." (Isa. 12:3-6).
Heres a few other highlights and blessings from 2012 that I am so thankful for...
My trip to Honduras in January 2012. What a privilege it is to think that I got to ring in the new year meeting missionaries and thinking through ways to strengthen Crosspoint's partnership with Honduras.
My Upperclassmen CP group girls from last year and this year. Some girls stayed the same from last year and many changed. I'm incredible thankful for these girls. They bring great joy to my life! I'm also thankful for the chance to lead CP group with Krystal Brummitt this year!
Leslie and Savannah's weddings.
My mom's visit to Clemson.
Our first ever week in Myrtle Beach with all of our past and future Generation LINK staff and Summer LINK students.
A 10 day family reunion in Yellowstone and Montana.
Our 2012-2013 Generation LINK staff. We have such a great team!
A trip over Thanksgiving to New York.
A big step forward in my photography business this year (this is a sneak preview of my new website!).
Christmas with my grandma and these lovely ladies.
At the close of 2012, I want to be intentional to not only reflect on the many blessing the year held but to also plan and set goals for 2013. For the past several years, I have found Donald's Whitney's "Questions to Ask Yourself at the Start of a New Year" incredibly helpful. Here's a few of the goals I have set for 2013:
Spiritual goals:
-Work on scripture memory at least 5 minutes every day and memorize Philippians
-Build more friendships with non-believers and share the gospel regularly
-Update my prayer chart and spend time every day in intercessory prayer
-Finish reading the Bible chronologically (I started the plan I'm on last spring)
Professional goals:
-Organize my emails and actually keep them organized!
-Come up with a plan of action and strategy for Crosspoint's international partnerships
-Get my photography website up and running
-Second shoot for some weddings in 2013
Personal goals:
-Work out at least 3 times per week
-Read at least one book per month (excluding my seminary books) for pleasure
-Cook and freeze at least one healthy meal per week
-Get photo-books made of my pictures
-Plan and go on a cruise with friends
Here's to the start of a great new year. Happy 2013!











1 comment:
love reading yo blog. I get so excited everytime I get the email that you've updated! :-) Also- I love your goals! So good.
Post a Comment