Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Manna in the Wilderness

The people of Israel, walking along their way,
Complained of their misfortunes to Moses.
In holy anger, the Lord's fire came down that day
Because the people forgot the mercy the Lord shows us.

The Lord provided manna with the rising of every sun,
But the people missed their lavish meals.
They stubbornly doubted and forgot what God had done.
Yet, the Lord still loved them, the Scripture reveals.

How often does the Lord give me manna to eat
And I question the provision of His hand?
I complain when I think my needs aren't complete.
In His goodness, God responds according to His plan.

I know that apart from You I quickly perish,
It is in Christ's death alone that I live.
Above all, I want it to be You that I cherish.
Thank you for the undeserved blessings you give.

(Based on Numbers 11)

By Jenna Wayment

No comments: