Sunday, September 13, 2009

Southern Hospitality Banquet

On Friday night, Amy and I were invited to attend a "Southern Hospitality Banquet" in Greenville, SC.  The banquet was put on by a non-denominational Christian ministry called Joshua's Way.  Amy and Florin, a couple that works with Joshua's Way, minister to international students from Wofford, Furman, Tech, and Clemson.  There were over 200 international students there from around 50 different countries!  Amy and I were table hosts and we had the opportunity to sit with several students from Clemson.  One of my favorite parts of the evening was hearing a Kenyan named James tell his story of how he killed a lion with a spear!  It made me miss Kenya!!!!

Our table: Me, Yubo (China), Amy, Alem (Kenya), James (Kenya), Sandeep (India)
Me, Yubo, and Amy in our kurtas!
Me and Yubo, she was so sweet!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Jenna! I've been keeping up with your blog. It's so encouraging to see how the Lord is working in Clemson through your ministry! Look for an email or something soon!