Sunday, August 30, 2009

Asian Market Trip

Yesterday, Amy, Josh, Brandon and I paired up with Jon Varner (NAMB missionary who works with international students on our campus) and went to an Asian market in Atlanta.  Crosspoint was in charge of taking 15 students from India and Bangladesh. Sadly, none of the Indian students showed up and so we ended up hopping on the bus with about 30 Chinese students.  It was still a great day and a wonderful opportunity to build relationships with international students.  I got to know a sweet Chinese couple Michael and Sing Sing (pictured below) and Amy had the chance to share the Gospel with two Buddhist Chinese students! 

When we first arrived in Atlanta we ate at a Chinese food court.  All of the menus were completely in Chinese and the food (i'm told) was really authentic!  I had fried eggplant and dumplings (I can't remember the Chinese words).  After lunch we went to an Asian market and the students were able to buy food from around the world!  There was some very interesting meat and produce such as: rabbit, shark, jack fruit, and bread fruit.  It was fun to see the students buy things they never thought they'd be able to get in America.

Me, Sing Sing, and her husband Michael

Please continue to pray for Crosspoint's ministry to international students.  Pray that the Lord would give Amy, and I along with the other members of our team (Brandon and Marilyn) wisdom and guidance.  Pray that the Lord would give us more opportunities to build relationships and share the Gospel.  Pray for more men who want to pursue international students.  Pray that Crosspoint's congregation would begin to reflect the diversity seen on our campus (over 1,000 students from over 80 countries!).  I am seeing more and more how I am totally dependent on the Lord to work and that there is NOTHING I can do in my own strength, what great need I have to pray and to ask you to pray for me and for these students!  Ultimately, pray that the Lord would cause his righteousness and praise to spring up before ALL nations (Isaiah 61:11).

1 comment:

April Marie said...

Jenna. I love you and I miss you! I love this post and am so glad to hear how things are going on campus! I talked to Sarah Touchet today and she told me about the dinner you guys are having. I know it will go amazing :) Can't wait to see you again!