LOVE
The greek form of love in this verse is "agapae."
- Love is mentioned first because it is the "leader in the band of graces" and the one that embraces all of the fruits of the Spirit.
- Love can be known only from the actions it prompts; God's love is seen in the gift of His son.
- We see in 1 Corinthians 13 that love is: patient, kind, does not envy or boast, is not arrogant or rude, does not insist on its own way, is not irritable or resentful, rejoices with the truth, bears all things, believe all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
- As believers, our love for God is of primary importance and then we must love others. We love God by obeying his commands.
- "Christian love...is not an impulse from the feelings, it does not always run with the natural inclinations, nor does it spend itself only upon those for whom some affinity is discovered." -W.E. Vine
- Love seeks the welfare of all (Romans 15:2)
- Love esteems others as more than ourselves.
I hope you found that little list useful. I'm learning a lot as I'm studying these fruits and I'm praying that the Spirit would grow these things in my own life and help me to see them in others' lives!
~~~~~~~~~~
Also,
I am support raising this week and so please be praying for me! God has given me great peace and I am beginning to see Him work. I have not had many appointments yet, but my church in Annapolis has been a great encouragement and many have indicated their interest in being a part of what God is doing through Crosspoint Church!
No comments:
Post a Comment