I apologize for the lack of posting, my computer hasn't been working too well lately. I am home in Annapolis for the holidays and I am enjoying resting and getting plenty of sleep after all of my travels! My camera is also not working and so I don't have any pictures to show from the past week. I have gone through some re-adjustment and culture shock coming back to the States. I definitely miss London and my friends there, but I am also so blessed with great friends in Maryland. I have enjoyed catching up with my grandmother, spending time with Ashley and Heather, having Greta come to visit and catching up with people at Weems Creek Baptist! Some highlights have been the tea party I had with clotted cream, jam, and scones, watching Colin (which I am currently doing...he's taking a nap), and a visit to "Nana Gail's" in Bethany beach with Ashley and her family.
I have been reflecting a lot the past few weeks on the Christmas season. Christmas is my favorite holiday but it is also a very difficult and distracting time of year. I've been really challenged by thinking and praying through things which distract me from the message and purpose of Christmas to celebrate Christ's birth. I encourage you to reflect on previous Christmases and pinpoint things which distract you each year. For some it's business, for some the desire for a relationship, for some family problems or a lack of family, and for some it's materialism. It's so easy to miss the focus of Christmas and to begin making idols out things in our lives by trusting them to satisfy us more than Christ. What are you trusting to satisfy you more than Christ this Christmas season?
"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."-Luke 2:8-12
No comments:
Post a Comment