Monday, December 1, 2008

Amy and Tara's Whirlwind Visit!

Amy and Tara came to London on Tuesday afternoon and I was sad to see them go today! I am in the midst of writing 3 papers so I can't write much here. I'll just say that we had a wonderful time! They took all of the pictures and so once I get those from them I'll post some. Here's a brief overview of what we did (or at least what I can remember...you can see why the title is whirlwind!!):
Tuesday:
-Walking around Trafalgar Square
-National Portrait Gallery
-Went to see Dirty Dancing!
Wednesday:
-Sightseeing bus tour of London
-Tower of London
-Tate Modern
-Boat tour on the Thames
-Shopping on Oxford street
-Christmas fair in Hyde park
Thursday:
-Left bright and early for Dublin!
-Walked around Dublin all day
-Saw ancient manuscripts of the Bible!
-Went to Trinity College
-Went to a pub and listened to traditional Irish music
Friday:
-Catch a train bright and early to Galway
-Walked around Galway
-Went to the Galway museum
-Bought a Claddagh ring by the original Claddagh village
Saturday:
-Caught a train back to Dublin
-Explored the Wicklow Mountains by car (where the Count of Monte Cristo and P.S. I love you was filmed!)
-Visited ancient ruins from a monastery
-Caught out flight back to London
Sunday:
-Went to the Portobello Rd. Street market
-Bought tea at Whittard
-Buckingham Palace
-Covent Garden market
-Traditional afternoon tea at Browns hotel!
-Harrod's

As you can see, we did a LOT and had a ton of fun. I was sad to see them leave this morning but I'm so glad I got to have such a fun experience with them!

No comments: