This weekend I had a WONDERFUL time at Chapel's 20/20 "Weekend Away." We went to Sussex, England (actually Arundel to be exact) with 40 other college/20's students from Westminster Chapel. We didn't have great weather, but we made the most of it and spent a lot of time indoors hanging out. We rented out an entire hostel and so we had the place all to ourselves....which gave us lots of space! We spent time cooking meals and eating together, going on walks, and just talking. On Saturday afternoon we went into the small town and about ten of us went to a tea room and I learned how to properly apply clotted cream to my scone (see picture on the right)!Saturday and Sunday morning we had worship and Andy (the 20's pastor) spoke. He did a great job speaking on Acts 6 and challenging us to seek God and discern the calling He has for us. He specifically challenged the men with the qualities laid out for elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus. He did a great job of teaching on service and what I enjoyed most was how much he challenged the guys. After all, they are the leadership of the church for the next generation! He also encouraged the girls to look for the qualifications laid out in Scripture for elders in the guys we hope to marry. It was such a good reminder to be praying for the men at church and seeking to help them grow in leadership in whatever way I can!

Overall, it was an amazing weekend of fellowship and one of the highlights of my time in London. I had many many good conversations and left feeling so spurred on. I think one of my favorite parts of the weekend was when Laura and I talked with Sarah and Michael about their marriage and about relationships. It's always so encouraging for me to see amazing godly couples and to hear their stories and advice. The Lord has blessed me so much by bringing them into my life!

Honestly it was kind of hard to leave and come back to school. I also started to think about HOW much I am going to miss each person at Chapel when I leave. It will be so hard to say goodbye. But I'm SO thankful for how the Lord has used each person to teach me something so different. I'm so thankful that I will be able to take what I learned here back to Clemson. I'm so thankful that if I don't see my friends here sometime again in America/Europe I will be re-joined with them in heaven.....that is the certainty I have as a believer! So now it's back to work, I have a lot of papers to do this week! All of the pictures I have posted are taken by one of the guys at Chapel, Nick, took. I don't have a camera yet so I will put a few more of Laura's pictures up here when I get them!
Our hostel in Arundel (Sarah's husband Michael in the background)
We were in the middle of the beautiful English countryside!



No comments:
Post a Comment