Two posts in one day.....I'm on top of things today.
I have a HUGE praise to share with you. First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. The Lord is definitely answering your prayers and I am so thankful to know I have such incredible friends.
This morning I went to
Westminster Chapel for church. I walked in and as soon as I sat down a young couple came and sat down beside me. There names were Michael and Sarah. Sarah is one of those kind of people that has the ability to make you feel welcomed and accepted right away. We talked for a while and and she introduced me to numerous people. The service was wonderful. We sang old hymns like "Come Thou Fount" and "Be Thou My Vision" but they were redone and moder

nized with drums, guitars, etc. It was actually a very funny mix of things. As you can see in the picture (found on google....I didn't take this one) it was a very traditional church. However the service was fairly modern and so was the preaching and it was all very doctrinally sound. The pastor spoke on spiritual warfare and used Ephesians 6:10-20 as his text. After the service Sarah and I talked for a while more and we exchanged numbers. She even invited me to come home with her one weekend and go to the Lake District (she lives very nearby to it). I also met the head of the small groups and he was able to tell me a few different groups I can get involved in that meet in homes once a week. I'm so excited about this church and it's such an answer to prayer that the first church I tried was so wonderful. I love how faithful the Lord is even when we're so often faithless. The Lord continues to amazing me in how he truly supplies our every need. It may not be in our timing and it may be painful, but we can rest assured that Lord is Sovereign, He is good, and that everything He plans WILL come to pass.
After church I went out to lunch with a few of the couples in the church. We laughed about cultural differences and my experiences here so far. After lunch I walked back to my dorm instead of taking the tube. I went a roundabout way so that I could stroll by Buckingham Palace. I walked through St. James park and then onto Hyde Park. It ended up being a beautiful two hour walk. Here's a few pictures from my stroll...
Buckingham Palace



The gate to St. James Park



The rose garden in Hyde Park

Doesn't this just make you want to sit and read a book?
1 comment:
What an answer to prayer :) I'm so excited about your church!
Post a Comment