Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 3

It's the beginning of week 3 and I cannot believe how fast the time is flying here in Hilton Head. Last Wednesday 7 other Summer Link interns and I had the oppotunity to help a new church, Low Country Community Church, move into their Hilton Head location. We painted rooms, added baseboards, dusted blinds, etc. It was exciting to meet another church in the area and to hear their heart to reach the lost in Hilton Head and Bluffton. It was awesome to be able to serve another church and establish a relationship with them. Crosspoint Bluffton's name is getting out there and other churches in the area are beginning to recognize it. I love how the Lord unites all his people for the common purpose of reaching the nations with the gospel.
Our group helping Low Country Community

On Thursday night we had our men/women's time. The women had a fun time throwing a hip-hop themed dance party and getting to know one another better. Here a few silly pictures:

Two of my wonderful roomates: Heather and Katherine

The Spice Girls, can you guess who is which girl?


I also began waitressing at the Holiday Inn on Friday. Two other Summer Link girls (Meredyth and Mary Elizabeth) will be working with me. The job is very fast-paced and tough but I am really enjoying waitressing and meeting lots of different people every day. Pray that I will be diligent in getting up on time every day (I work the 6am to 12 shift!) More importantly, please pray for my co-workers. Some of their names are: Betty, Karina, Thomasz, Jackie, and Mary. Pray for spiritual conversations and opportunities to share the gospel with them. Pray that the way we work and the way we treat one another would be a testimony of Christ's love.

This past weekend we went out on Saturday morning in pairs and teams of 3 and shared the gospel. We walked up to people on the beach and went through a survey with them from Crosspoint Bluffton with the hope of sharing the gospel with them. It's always a stretching and uncomfortable experience to go up to people you don't know and share the gospel with them. However, the Lord is always so faithful in providing words to say. I had the opportunity to talk to three people. One woman who was a believer, one woman who did not believe in God, and one man who converted to Catholicism from a Presbyterian background. Each person had a different story but it was encouraging to be able to share the gospel and it's my prayer that our encounter would raise questions in their hearts and minds.

After the beach outreach we had an outreach at the pool where we are living. We handed out free ice cream and sought to build relationships with the residents here. I felt like the outreach went very well. I had to chance to talk to two Ukranian students. There are a lot of internatiional students here and I am really hoping to be able to build relationships with some of them. Please pray that the Lord would enable us to build relationships with our neighbors. Also pray that as we get to know international students that they would recognize the truth of the gospel and desire to bring it back to their country.

No comments: