Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hilton Head!

I've been in Hilton Head for 4 days now. It's hard to believe it's only been four days, the past few days have been so busy I feel like i've been here weeks. It's been so wonderful to see how everyone in the group has begun to connect and unify. I can't wait to see how the Lord grows and changes everyone this summer. I'm too tired to write much.

One awesome thing I am so thankful I was here for was to see Carl Martin (pastor of Crosspoint Bluffton) baptize Crosspoint Bluffton's first convert on Sunday. We had a worship service and baptism on the beach. He baptized Kim (a former catholic woman who was very skeptical about christianity) who made a decision to give her life to the Lord.

Please please please be praying for me and the 10 or so other students who have not found jobs yet. We have had a really hard time finding a job where we get off before 5, don't work weekends, and get 30+ hours a week. The whole process of job searching and going to one place after another has been frusterating and discouraging. I don't think i've ever filled out so many applications in my life! However, the Lord is using it to reveal sin in my life and to sanctify me. I am seeing how much I SAY I trust the Lord to provide....but when it really comes down to it I don't trust Him a lot of the time. I am so thankful that we serve a big God and I am praying with expectancy. Please join me in praying that the Lord would provide a job, and not just any job, but the exact job I am supposed to be in with people the Lord has already begun to pursue.

I'll try to keep you updated throughout the summer on what is going on and how you can be praying for me. If your're interested in learning more about Crosspoint Bluffton click here.

No comments: