Monday, April 21, 2008

sisters...

Today I was reflecting on how much the Lord has blessed me with the amazing group of friends He has given me. I am so sad to say goodbye to GraceAnna, Amber, and Peg. But I am excited to see them start this new stage in their lives. I can't wait to see where we all end up five years down the road. I can just see us having big bible study reunions, some of us with new husbands, maybe some with children.

God is so gracious and so good. The Lord truly is "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows...God sets the lonely in families,he leads forth the prisoners with singing" (psalm 68:5-6) These past few years this group of girls has been the close family i've never had. I praise the Lord for their companionship and support. I thank the Lord for the laughter and the tears. I am amazed that God could bless me, such a sinner....someone who often cuts others down with words...someone who doesn't appreciate others like she should....with such AMAZING friends. It's such a testimony that the Lord witholds no good thing from the one that follows Him (psalm 84). My heart has often broken from lonliness because I don't have a home, or parents close by, or a family to laugh with. But the Lord has MORE than made up for that by giving me friends to be my family. Praise the Lord for His abundant blessings!




1 comment:

askgreg said...

That does look quite like an amazing bunch of friends.