Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yo Estoy En Honduras!

Will Jackson and I are in Honduras for the week. We arrived yesterday afternoon and we'll leave next Friday, January 6th. We're here to form a partnership between Crosspoint and Honduras (I have a great job don't I?!). Specifically, we'll be working a lot with the Pirkles and several other families here to plan for Summer LINK and Generation LINK one year opportunities. Please pray that as we have several different meetings, the Lord will give us vision and great wisdom.

The LORD reminded me in His Word this morning that I am to declare among the nations "The LORD reigns!" (Ps. 96:10). I pray that the Lord would reign here, in Honduras, and bring great revival to this place. I am so thankful for the work Dr. Pirkle is doing at the hospital and the work of missionaries in many other ministries  here. Please join me in praying that through this partnership, the gospel will be advanced to the nations and hundreds of disciples will be made during the next several years. I come to the Lord with great expectancy and excitement about what I know He will do.

I'm reading A Holy Ambition:To Preach Where Christ Has Not Been Named this week. It has led me to pray that my heart for missions will be based on the same thing that God bases his heart for the nations upon--that is, his own name and glory. "In order for us to have a heart for the nations--a heart for the unreached, close and distant, individuals and ethnic groups--in order for us to have a heart for the nations that is strong enough, deep enough, durable enough, God-centered enough, and Christ-exalting enough to be the kind of heart it should be, we need to base this heart for the nations on the same thing on which God bases his heart for the nations...God bases his heart for the nations on his passion for his own name and his own glory." (John Piper)

How beautiful it is that God did not make us culturally and ethnically different for no reason. It's not an accident or a punishment. This "is because a diverse song sung to the Redeemer is more glorifying to the Redeemer than a simple song in unison." How good it is to have a God who delights in diversity for the sake of His name! How beautiful it is that we serve a God that will receive worship from every tribe, tongue, and nations one day (Revelation 5)!

No comments: