I can't wait for all things to be made new and to dwell with Christ forever! I wrote this poem in response to things the Lord has been teaching me through the class. It doesn't rhyme and it's no masterpiece but it expresses some of what's on my heart and I hope it encourages you.
Seeing the unseen
in the midst of questions, smiles, doubts, disappointments, obstacles, haze...
is difficult.
My eyes, they are fixed on the cross, but then...
they get distracted.
Distracted by the need for approval, reputation, appearance.
Distracted by the future "what ifs?" and "whens?"
Distracted by the raging battle with sin.
Knocked down by my idols,
I struggle to get back up.
I try to stand, but my strength fails me.
I look up, lifting my body slightly with my shaky wrists,
only to fall again.
It is when my face hits the ground that I realize,
it's only by your grace I can stand.
Day by day, I know that I am wasting away.
Yet you are refining me in the midst of my failure.
You are renewing and restoring me.
Preparing me for the day when I will abide with you eternally
in the new heavens and the new earth.
Forever in the holy city, the New Jerusalem.
As a bride is to her bridegroom,
I eagerly await my final wedding day with expectation.
At the great banquet feast,
where there will be no more tears, pain and death.
Where our relationships will be in perfect harmony
and our selves will no longer be distorted and disfunctional.
As I gaze towards the unseen New Jerusalem
My soul crys out, "Come Lord Jesus, Come!"
Seeing the unseen
in the midst of questions, smiles, doubts, disappointments, obstacles, haze...
is difficult.
My eyes, they are fixed on the cross, but then...
they get distracted.
Distracted by the need for approval, reputation, appearance.
Distracted by the future "what ifs?" and "whens?"
Distracted by the raging battle with sin.
Knocked down by my idols,
I struggle to get back up.
I try to stand, but my strength fails me.
I look up, lifting my body slightly with my shaky wrists,
only to fall again.
It is when my face hits the ground that I realize,
it's only by your grace I can stand.
Day by day, I know that I am wasting away.
Yet you are refining me in the midst of my failure.
You are renewing and restoring me.
Preparing me for the day when I will abide with you eternally
in the new heavens and the new earth.
Forever in the holy city, the New Jerusalem.
As a bride is to her bridegroom,
I eagerly await my final wedding day with expectation.
At the great banquet feast,
where there will be no more tears, pain and death.
Where our relationships will be in perfect harmony
and our selves will no longer be distorted and disfunctional.
As I gaze towards the unseen New Jerusalem
My soul crys out, "Come Lord Jesus, Come!"
2 comments:
loved the poem Jenna! you are so gifted. it was so wonderful to see you last weekend! Excited for your big trip! cant wait to hear all about it! love you friend!
Beautiful, Jenna. Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you.
Post a Comment