Sunday, October 17, 2010

Little Girl House and Big Girl Lives

"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the days to come." -Proverbs 31:25

I remember playing "house" when I was a little girl with my next door neighbor Lara. We would go outside and pick onion grass and bring it inside to "make dinner." We dressed up and pretended to have children of our own to take care of. I remember longing so badly to be older. I thought, that is when life really begins.

And then, one day I suddenly was older. It's funny how life sneaks up on us like that. I mean really, when was the point that I moved from being a little girl to a big one?

I love reflecting on my time in college. Giggling about boys, dreaming about the future, laughing at awkward moments, and just enjoying life. I love that season. The adventure, the sweet fellowship, the unknown, and the new friendships.

As I look around my life now, I still feel kind of like that little girl playing house. But I think maybe that's how we all feel. We never really get to a point where we have it all together or feel completely ready, do we?

It's been such an incredible blessing to watching the laughter, tears, and dreams turn into grad school, jobs, moving, engagement, and marriage for sweet friends. It's amazing to see all of the different places and things the Lord has called each one of my friends to do.

I was looking at bridal magazines with Meredyth last night. I was partially sitting there in disbelief that this beautiful friend I've known for the last six years actually is getting married.

So here's what I want to praise the Lord for tonight: His consistency. He has been faithful in every season of my life. I'm thankful to serve a God bigger than every transition, every change, every new marriage, and every decision. God is so good. I can't to see which season He brings me into next.

1 comment:

GraceAnna said...

Love this post! I can't wait to see all that God has in store for you! :-)