Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cooper River Bridge Run

I am a self-proclaimed non-runner. Despite this, somehow I got it in my mind a few months ago that I wanted to begin training for the Cooper River Bridge Run. The Bridge Run is a 10K race in downtown Charleston. As I began preparing and training for the race, I was surprised to find that I started to enjoy running!

I was nervous on race day because the most I had run was 3 miles. There were a few points throughout the race I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it. However, it really made a difference being with 40,000 other people all doing the same thing. There were people on the sidelines cheering you on and it was so exciting to cross the finish line!

Thanks to the Watkins sisters, I got stayed downtown Charleston at the Embassy Suites in the thick of all the action. I had a great time and I'm so glad I did it!

What's next? Half marathon? Oh boy.... :)

Morgan and I on the car ride to Charleston
Bright and early at 5:45am- Me, Leslie, Sarah, and Morgan
Sisters: Mary Elizabeth and Anna Grace
Our whole group after the race!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats!
I must have just missed you guys! Chick-fil-A had a storage room at the Embassy so I was there dropping things off after the expo. I was on the scaffolding at the race start with a Chick-fil-A cow on race day haha. Glad everyone had a good time!