Monday, October 12, 2009

Camping with International Students

The International Student Association planned a fall break trip for students to go to the Smoky Mountains and I had the wonderful opportunity to be one of the drivers for the trip!  With 5 Americans and 40 International students, I went to the Smoky Mountains for 2 days and 1 night.  There were students from China, India, Tunisia, Taiwan, Thailand, the Netherlands, Scotland, and Kenya represented!  It was so fun to see most of these students camp for their first time and experience putting a tent together, making smores, and hiking!

We camped at "smokemont" campground and stopped at this little village before getting to the campsite
Yubo, me, & Gloria...these sweet girls are from China and rode in my car
People standing around the campsite....you can see Heath, I'm thankful he could come!
Jill (pronounced gih-oh) from Taiwan...she was sooo sweet!
Francis from Kenya!!!  It was SO fun to talk about Kenya and it made me want to go back!
We're supposed to act like we see a bear in this picture...I'm not sure why we were so happy?
It rained in the morning but the mountains were still gorgeous
This picture looks awkward but we're trying not to block the beautiful background!
Vinay, Shrikart, Rohit
Irma (Netherlands), Rebecca (Scotland), and ?
Part of the Appalachian trail...only 1,972 miles to Maine!  How cool would it be to hike the whole thing?!

The leaves were changing color and it was so beautiful!  Apparently they change color faster because of the higher elevation.
An old mill we stopped and visited


Please pray for me as I continue to build relationships with these students.  Pray that I would be bold with the Gospel and that the Lord would begin a mighty work among the nations represented in Clemson!

1 comment:

April Marie said...

Jenna - this is so wonderful :) I'm so glad you guys had a great time! It's so special to hear about all that God is doing at Clemson - thanks for keeping us updated on your blog!!!