Friday, May 29, 2009

U.S. Naval Academy Graduation

Last Friday, I was able to go to the Navy Graduation. A lot of midshipmen from my church in Annapolis, Weems Creek, graduated this year. All of the years I've lived in Annapolis I have never been to the Navy graduation. It was neat to experience it and to hear President Obama speak. I was very interested to hear what he had to say after his address to Notre Dam a few weeks ago. He definitely stayed away from uncontroversial topics. He mainly talked about the values of our military and country and he promised to keep the graduates out of harms way unless it is absolutely necessary for them to enter the battlefield. He's definitely a good public speaker and overall I thought he did a good job.

My patriotic shot :)
The Blue Angels flying over the stadium
Ashley and Heather during graduation


The new Commander in Chief speaking

Lauren shaking Obama's hand

Heather, Ashley, and I with Eric

Heather, Ashley, Micelle, and I at Matt's Graduation Party

No comments: