Last Wednesday evening, November 5th, people all around the United Kingdom celebrated "Guy Fawkes Night" (also known as Bonfire Night). Don't worry if you're feeling ignorant for not knowing anything about Guy Fawkes...I didn't either until last week! Basically, Guy Fawkes was Catholic conspirator who attempted to blow up the House of Parliament in London in 1605. So, to this day, Brits celebrate the fact that the "Gunpowder plot" wasn't successful. Oddly enough, they celebrate this with fireworks and bonfires, some places even burn effigies of Guy Fawkes!I was able to meet up with a bunch of girls from Chapel for Bonfire Night and go to a fireworks display in southeast London. I had so much fun hanging out with these girls!
Michal and I...she is one of my favorite people at Chapel and I'm really going to miss her when I leave!

Then on Friday night...

I went to see the Lion King with Laura and Cassie and Laura's two friends Mike and Michelle (who just came back from Uganda!). Going to see the Lion King has been a goal of mine for a long time and so it was wonderful to finally see it. It was absolutely amazing, I loved the elaborate costumes and all of the songs!


No comments:
Post a Comment