Friday, September 5, 2008

Mind the Gap.

Classes have officially begun and I'm starting to get into the swing of things here. I think I am going to enjoy most of my classes. I'm taking things like Poetry, Shakespeare, Modern Drama, and International Cinema. I was also able to go to Westminster Chapel's worship meeting on Wednesday night. It was such a blessing and I'm so happy I found a church to be involved in. There was about 20 college students there. We sang some worship songs and then started a study of the book of Acts. Most of the people I am meeting there are just out of college and working in London. Everyone comes from all over the place and so it is difficult to see each other outside of church and Wednesday night. However, I met some really sweet girls there and I am praying that we would be able to develop close friendships. Please pray for me in this area, it is difficult to live here without much Christian fellowship. I really miss everyone at Clemson and in Maryland. I know I am supposed to be here but that doesn't remove the longing I have in my heart for you all!

I have been enjoying sweet times with Lord in all of the down time I have. I have been doing a read through the bible in a year plan and going through a study of Jesus' life and ministry by Daniel Akin. I am also almost finished reading The Reason for God by Timothy Keller, if you haven't read it I would highly recommend it!

Most students here don't have Friday classes and so today a few of the friends I have made here and I went on a tour of Parliament. The tour was so interesting, I learned a lot about how the parliamentary procedure works here and about the House of Commons and the House of Lords. I would like to try and come back when parliament is in session....old British men having screaming matches is a must!!

Here's a few pictures from the day:

Waiting to begin our tour of Parliament!


Side View of the Parliament building

Westminster Hall- This was the only area of Parliament we were allowed to take pictures
My roommate Megan and I!

Hopping back on the tube to get home!

1 comment:

GraceAnna said...

I've been to Westminster Hall too :) And I'm halfway through The Reason for God!