Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reflections of You

Lately i've been reading The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. It has inspired me to be a little more poetic....so here's my (meager) attempt:

Reflections of You
By Jenna Wayment

I look all around me and see reflections of glory,
Words and lines that form one great redemptive story.
Now I see in part what then I shall know;
The splendor of His majesty He will to me one day show.

It is so easy to forget the deceitfulness of my sin
And how it so often dims the truth of Him.
I long to experience His Presence fully now,
But on this earth I know my sin will this not allow.

I am moved by the ebb and flow of every wave of doubt;
Yet the Lord has continued to remain faithful throughout.
From the beginning of my journey to the end,
The gift of His grace He will continue to freely lend.

As He brings me through the valley I earnestly pray,
That from His love He would not allow me to stray.
Refine me in the fire as gold
And Your Presence do not from me withhold.

For the joy set before Him He endured the cross;
In this I find my strength and pray You would burn away the dross.
Into Your open arms I run,
And beg, "Come Lord Jesus, come!"

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. " -1 Corinthians 13:12

1 comment:

David said...

Beautiful Poem Jenna. I wish I had that sort of talent to just make up poems like that.