Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What will your legacy be?

Sometimes I wonder what the great poets thought about their own writing. Some seem to have known their own genius, whether it was recognized in their time or not. While others constantly doubted whether or not their works were good enough to be immortalized and passed on from generation to generation. I'm so thankful that I don't have to depend on poetry or writing as a legacy or kind of "immortality." My legacy is found in Christ.

In the bible little is mentioned about Enoch's life; in fact, he is only mentioned in Genesis and in Luke. Almost all we know about Enoch is what Genesis 5:34 says, "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." If people remember nothing else about me I want them to remember Jesus; I want them to say, "Jenna walked with God, and then she was no more."

~~~~

superbowl Sunday :)
and...the month of birthdays for so many people I love...

It was Erin's birthday today...I miss her :(

It's Ashley's birthday tomorrow...I miss her too :(

My dad's birthday is February 8th!

April's birthday is February 19th!

1 comment:

April Marie said...

Yay! I love this post and I love that you chose that "colorful" picture! It's one of my favorites:)