Man this really convicted me today.....
"St. Augustine prayed, 'O Lord, deliever me from this lust of always vindicating myself.' That temper of mind always destroys the soul's faith in God. 'I must explain myself; I must get people to understand.' Our Lord never explained anything; He left mistakes to correct themselves. When we discern that people are not going on spiritually and allow the dicernment to turn to criticism, we block our way to God. God never gives us discernment in order that we may criticize, but that we may intercede." -Oswald Chambers
"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." -Matthew 7:2
Am I prepared to ask the Lord to judge me the way I judge others?
"Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God...." -Romans 12:19
No comments:
Post a Comment