Friday, July 20, 2007

The cost of following Christ.

Sometimes I wonder why we are so hesitant to give up everything to Christ. Is there really anything too costly to give Him? When did we begin to teach that following Christ doesn't cost us everything? Lord, that I would forsake everything at the foot of the cross for I know that living for Your glory is the only true joy.

The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted WORTHY of suffering disgrace for the Name. Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.
-Acts 5:41-42
More and more I feel like the Lord is preparing my heart for North Africa. There are a total of 1,000 missionaries working in heavily Muslim areas yet there are over 1 BILLION Muslims.

No comments: