This summer I am definitely learning what it means to surrender everything to the Lord and it's a tough lesson. Praise the Lord we have a God who continues to pursue us when we seek Him. Praise the Lord we have a God who continues to reveal Himself to us in our brokeness, even when we can't always see Him working. I heard this hymn for the first time the other day and fell in love....
On Jordan’s stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye
To Canaan’s fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.
All o’er those wide extended plains,
Shines one eternal day;
There God the Son forever reigns,
And scatters night away.
Chorus:
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound for promised land,
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound for promised land.
No chilling winds nor poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore;
Sickness, sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.(Repeat chorus)
When shall I reach that happy place,
And be forever blessed?When shall I see my Father’s face,
And in His bosom rest?(Repeat chorus)
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. -John 4:34+35
----That my food would be to do the will of the Father in Annapolis this summer
Also, I am going through Experiencing God and this question really stood out to me-- "What are you doing in your life personally and in your church that you know cannot be accomplished unless God intervenes?"
No comments:
Post a Comment